Cannabis Strains For Bladder Cancer
Bladder cancer is one of the most common types of cancer, as there are around 68,000 new cases in the US alone annually. Men are more at risk of developing bladder cancer than women, although it can affect adults at any age.
The prognosis for bladder cancer is good since its initial symptoms are more obvious than other forms of cancer. Regardless, you still want to prevent it whenever possible since bladder cancer is challenging to treat. It’s only bladder cancer in stage 0a, which has a much better outlook than stage 1, 2, and 3. At the end of the day, prognosis will still depend on the presence of tumors, its size, and location.
However, there’s good news for cannabis users: studies show that regular cannabis users have a 45% decreased risk of developing bladder cancer. If you suffer from bladder cancer, know someone who is, or is going through treatment, here are 5 of the best strains:
- OG Kush is a hybrid strain which may be sativa or indica heavy, depending on its breeding. OG Kush is an excellent strain for patients who need powerful relief from pain. However, OG Kush is rather potent as THC levels may go up as much as 27%. The effects of THC are more cerebral than body-related, making this the ideal strain for cancer patients who are suffering from pain as well as depression and stress as a result of their condition and/or treatment. OG Kush is a good choice for evening medication because of its potency.
- Super Lemon Haze is a lively, energetic sativa that is used by cancer patients to treat pain and nausea. This is a wildly popular strain, loved for its versatility and therapeutic benefits for patients suffering from a wide range of diseases including bladder cancer. Super Lemon Haze has received numerous awards for its delicious taste and medicinal benefits. Patients love medicating with this strain because of its refreshing, sweet lemon taste that goes down for a smooth smoke. Expect a strong head high accompanied by excitement and euphoria; also recommended for patients suffering from fatigue, lack of appetite, and depression.
- Bubba Kush is the ideal cannabis strain for cancer patients who are battling with appetite loss and/or insomnia, two common side effects of cancer and chemotherapy. This indica strain has received worldwide popularity for its potent tranquilizing properties, so you can be sure that the effects you’re after have been vetted. Get ready to surrender to complete, powerful relaxation but not before a case of the munchies! This strain will have you yearning for your favorite dishes, so make sure that you have some healthy snacks nearby to feast on. Your body requires nutrients and minerals from food to regain strength and assist with healing from the Big C, so count on Bubba Kush to give you that much-needed appetite boost.
- Harlequin is a legendary strain, known for its high CBD content, delicious flavor, and potent healing properties. Patients love Harlequin for the relaxed high it offers, but its high CBD content also makes this a well-loved strain among medical users who are suffering from anxiety, stress, and depression. Cancer patients can benefit from Harlequin’s effective pain-killing properties without getting too much of a buzz. Overall, Harlequin has subtle effects but its therapeutic benefits must never be underestimated. Though a rare strain, Harlequin is famous in the medical community so if you can get your hands on this strain you’ll be grateful!
- Skywalker is your best bet if cancer or chemotherapy is making it difficult for you to get some zzz’s. Created in Amsterdam, Skywalker is a strain that has received legendary fame across the seas for its medicinal properties for patients of various ailments. Skywalker is effective in knocking out stress, depression, and nausea out of the park all while helping induce relaxation and sleepiness for proper healing from the inside. Patients report having some of the best sleep they’ve ever had thanks to Skywalker, so you won’t be disappointed. However, some also say that Skywalker causes a case of dry mouth, so just be sure to have some water or freshly squeezed juice by your side when medicating with this strain.
OTHER STORIES YOU SHOULD READ...
CANNABIS FOR BLADDER CANCER, CLICK HERE.
CANNABIS FOR BLADDER ISSUES, READ THIS...