Cannabis Strains For Gastritis
Gastritis is a gastrointestinal condition caused by inflammation in the stomach lining. Gastritis is usually caused by 2 things: a bacteria called H. pylori, or the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Other possible factors that may increase the risk of gastritis include autoimmune conditions, infections, gastrointestinal conditions such as Crohn’s disease, and sarcoidosis among others.
The symptoms of gastritis vary from one person to another; while some may not have any symptoms at all, others will experience abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea, loss of appetite, bloating, and indigestion. Typically, doctors will recommend that patients diagnosed with gastritis start to make lifestyle changes to manage symptoms such as quitting cigarettes, avoiding caffeine and alcohol, and high fat food. Pharmaceuticals such as antacids, antibiotics, and proton pump inhibitors may be prescribed to reduce stomach acid although these medicines may have unwanted side effects.
Without treatment, gastritis can increase the risk of stomach cancer.
Fortunately, clinical trials and anecdotal evidence show that cannabis is promising for gastritis. Cannabis can help alleviate many of the condition’s symptoms naturally and without any side effects. Cannabis works in treating gastrointestinal disorders such as gastritis because we have cannabinoid receptors in the stomach, which play a critical role in repairing gut function.
These 5 strains can help treat the symptoms of gastritis:
- NYC Diesel is one of the most popular strains of weed, the result of crossing a Sour Diesel and Afghan indica strain. NYC Diesel is the recipient of 9 Cannabis Cup awards, and it’s no surprise why. This strain is potent, with THC levels constantly testing above 20%. However, one of the most well-known medicinal properties of this strain is its ability to knock out nausea. Gastritis patients suffering from severe nausea as well as appetite loss will benefit from NYC Diesel’s terrific therapeutic benefits.
- Cannatonic is well-known for its high CBD content, which means that it’s a tried-and-tested variety for treating inflammation. Whether you have acute or chronic gastritis, Cannatonic will heal you from within. Its short-lived and mellow buzz will enable you to stay productive and focused, but also has other valuable medicinal properties for muscle spasms, stress, and pain. Keep some Cannatonic in your medicine cabinet at all times for some quick relief from the symptoms of gastritis. Aside from its legendary benefits for inflammation, Cannatonic is also an excellent remedy for mood disorders that gastritis patients may also have, such as anxiety and depression.
- Orange Kush is a delicious citrusy indica strain that is a delight to medicate with. Patients love the euphoric and happy high that Orange Kush delivers, but this one will induce the munchies unlike any other. Orange Kush relaxes both mentally and physically, best to medicate with this strain in the late afternoon with a handful of your favorite snacks on hand. Be sure to keep your munchies as healthy as possible especially if you are seeking relief from gastritis. Orange Kush can also be used to treat insomnia, pain, stress, and depression.
- Mother of Berries, also known as MOB, is an indica dominant hybrid that gastritis patients will benefit from by medicating during evenings. Mother of Berries is a very relaxing and sedative strain; initially it starts out euphoric and happy but will ultimately end up putting you to bed. Mother of Berries does an excellent job at fighting inflammation, as well as in treating anxiety and pain.
- Green Crack is a great strain for alleviating mood disorders. Many gastritis patients suffer from mood disorders as a co-occurring condition, but this strain is the go-to for all of that. This powerful sativa is energizing and uplifting, ideal for helping patients get out of bed if fatigue sets in. Many patients consider Green Crack to be one of the best daytime strains out there. If gastritis is getting you down, you can count on this invigorating strain to pick you up both mentally and physically. Green Crack is also beneficial for treating stress, pain, and depression.
Aside from these strains, you may also want to consider medicating with cannabis edibles. Consuming edibles is an effective way of treating gastrointestinal conditions because they enable direct interaction between cannabinoid and the endocannabinoid receptors in the gut, without having to first pass through the stomach.
OTHER STORIES YOU MAY ENJOY...
MEDICAL MARIJUANA FOR GASTRITIS, CLICK HERE.
MARIJUANA STRAINS FOR STOMACH GAS, CLICK HERE.