"Free Cannabis For A Year" Contest Overview
Free Weed for a Year? YES!
This November, nine states will be voting to legalize it either for medicinal or recreational purposes. How can you help us “blaze the vote?” The answer is surprisingly simple; show up on Election Day (Tuesday, November 8th, 2016) and make your voice heard. Every vote counts and as if flexing your voting muscle wasn’t satisfying enough - we’re here to sweeten the pot - by giving away a year’s supply of cannabis! (Yes, you read that right and it isn’t the edible kicking in).
That’s right, buds. Cannabis.net is giving away a Cannabis for Year.
Start: October 10, 2016
End: April 20, 2017, 11:59pm EDT
While local and state laws vary from state to state, Cannabis.net will abide by all state and local laws regarding the winner’s location and state. Once the winner has been determined, all state and federal guidelines for contests and marijuana laws will be followed. Since states have different rules as far as quantity and time frames, we will follow all state laws pertaining to amounts and conditions. Hence, we can’t get you more cannabis than the state allows you to have over a certain period. All legal requirements will be followed by the winner and by Cannabis.net. Once the state residence of the winner is known, then the prize amount can be determined to abide by all statutes and laws.
Winner must be:
18 years of age as of March 31, 2017
Legal Resident of US or Canada, or a jurisdiction where medicinal or recreational cannabis use and sale is legal.
Resident of state with legal medical or recreational cannabis use permit
Entrants can compete in the contest in a variety of ways, since social voting will be part of selecting the final 5 contestants.
A contestant may enter by liking our “Free Weed” video on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Canabisnet . Then, leave your story on why you should win the free cannabis for a year. The more likes you get for your response the better chance you have to make it to the final 5. Once the final 5 have been selected, a team of surprise judges will make the final vote around or on April 20th.
We understand that many people may not want cannabis information on Facebook due to job situations and current social situations, so you may also enter on our social network at Cannabis.net. Just click the sign up button at Cannabis.net, create a username (no one will see your personal information) and tell us why you should win. Please use the form on this page to register and complete your social network sign up. Popular voting will also be tallied by “lights” on our network.
Entrants will complete form as means of entry, they will be required to register on Cannabis.net Social network and post on Weed Feed using hashtag #CannabisForAYear.
1) Complete and submit the registration form on Cannabis.net.
2) Register on the Cannabis.net Social Network (aka The WeedFeed)
3) Tell us why you should win free cannabis for a year.
4) Post your response on The WeedFeed using #CannabisForAYear.
That’s right, buds. Cannabis.net is giving away a Cannabis for Year.
Get started now! Fill out the form below and we will walk you through your entry.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Cannabis.net “Cannabis for a Year Contest” (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old as of the last day of the month prior to the date of entry and who reside in one of the Legal Medical and/or Recreational Marijuana States as of April 20th, 2017, or legal area of Canada, and/or any territory that has legal cannabis use, whether recreationally or medically.
The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor is Cannabis.net
3. Timing: The contest begins on October 10, 2016 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on April 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the contest.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, like the Cannabis.net Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/Canabisnet). Leave your story on why you should win under our Facebook video called "Free Weed". If user has no Facebook account or prefers to keep cannabis based information off of Facebook, follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form on Cannabis.net. Register on the Cannabis.net Social Network (aka The WeedFeed) and tell us why you should win free cannabis for a year. Post using #CannabisForAYear. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the drawing, as outlined in Section three (3), for the contest. Limit: Each person may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Sponsor will take the top 5 responses as gauged by social response and select the potential contest winner from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period on or around April 21, 2017. The potential winners will be notified by email and/or private message on the Cannabis.net WeedFeed. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. A group of judges will vote on the final 5 entries to get a winner.
Potential Prize Winners are subject to verification. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to fully complete, sign and timely return an unaltered Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release provided by Sponsor, and, where lawful, an unaltered Publicity Release within seven (7) days of prize notification. If a potential Prize Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, if attempted notification or the prize is returned as undeliverable, if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, if a winner cannot be verified, or if a winner is otherwise unable or unwilling to accept and claim the prize as stated, then that prize may be forfeited. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right (in its sole and absolute discretion) to award the prize to an alternate winner. Alternate winner(s) will be notified via email and/or WeedFeed. Alternate winner must respond to winner notification within forty-eight (48) hours of the time notification is sent. If a potential alternate winner responds that she/he is prepared to accept the prize, she/he will be required to fully complete, sign and timely return an unaltered Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release provided by Sponsor, and, where lawful, an unaltered Publicity Release within three (3) days of the date Sponsor sends such Affidavit and Release. Failure by an alternate winner to respond within the forty-eight (48) hour time period and/or failure to sign and return an unaltered Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release within three (3) days may result in disqualification and forfeiture of any prize. Sponsor will provide the Prize Winners with a W-9 which winner must complete and return to Sponsor for tax reporting purposes or prize may be forfeited, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Grand Prize Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 form. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules as well as state laws where the winner resides.
6. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE and the corresponding approximate retail value (“ARV”):
One (1) year supply of Cannabis, consisting of a voucher issued to a local medical dispensary and/or recreational retailer in area of winner's residence, for an amount to be determined by the laws of the state where winner resides. If a voucher is not possible due to legal statue, then an alternative method will be discussed and rewarded. Sponsor reserves all rights on payout and will comply with all local and state laws that are issued by the winner's state.
Prize is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and no substitutions will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Prize is taxable income to the winner and winner will be responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
7. Release: By receipt of any Prize, each Prize Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its direct and indirect subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers including Facebook or Twitter and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents; and each of their parent, affiliated, and subsidiary companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, partners, agents, distributors, attorneys, dealers, representatives, shareholders, members, managers, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, now known or hereinafter developed, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. Ownership & License: Providing Content grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Content in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant. By accepting a prize, each Prize Winner agrees that his or her Content will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Content, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Each Prize Winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their Content. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning Content, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, each winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Content and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the contest, if it is possible. If the contest, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Delaware Court of Chancery or the appropriate United States District State Court located in Wilmington, Delaware; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Delaware or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Delaware.
13. Governing Law & Jurisdiction: The Official Rules and the contest are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Delaware, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 12 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Delaware, in the City of Wilmington.
15. Winner List: For a winner list, visit Cannabis.net. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© Cannabis.net, All rights reserved.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. Information is being provided to Sponsor, not Facebook.
11 Surprising Findings From The Biggest Study On Cannabis Ever Done
Pot Clubs: Yay or Nay?
Cannabis for Psoriasis Or Eczema