Cannabis Strains for Hepatitis C
Hepatitis C is a serious condition caused by the hepatitis C virus, which, if left untreated, can become fatal. The virus affects the liver, and can progress into liver cancer, liver failure, or cirrhosis.
There are around 3 million adults in the United States affected by hepatitis C. What’s dangerous about this condition is that most people don’t know they have it until they suffer some kind of liver damage. The medications available to treat hepatitis C come with unwanted side effects including fatigue, nausea, mouth ulcers, muscle aches, headaches, and a dry mouth, among others.
Cannabis has shown to be promising when used complementarily with medications to treat symptoms and side effects, thus improving the prognosis of patients with hepatitis C. A study from the University of California at San Francisco revealed that when patients take cannabis, they are more likely to finish their course of medications, which gives them a better outlook.
Research also shows that cannabinoids can help improve some aspects of liver disease, while other studies reveal that the anti-inflammatory properties of cannabinoids are beneficial in reducing the inflammation that occurs in damaged livers. Additionally, cannabis also has other positive effects to combat the symptoms of hepatitis C: it helps stimulate the appetite, treat nausea, and provide relief from joint pain.
If you’re looking to use cannabis to treat hepatitis C, here are some of the best strains for this condition;
- Cannatonic is a top choice for patients suffering from all kinds of chronic and serious conditions including hepatitis C because of its high CBD and low THC content. Cannatonic won’t get you high, but you can benefit from the powerful anti-inflammatory properties of CBD. If hepatitis C is causing you intense discomfort, you will find relief from Cannatonic’s potent painkilling properties. The only drawback to using this strain is that it tends to produce a short-lived effect, so you will need to medicate at least twice a day for consistent relief.
- Purple Kush is recognized worldwide as one of the most powerful cannabis strains. The average THC levels for this strain hits 15%, so it packs quite a punch. But don’t let that intimidate you: Purple Kush is an excellent medicinal strain for hepatitis C patients who suffer from insomnia and lack of appetite. Purple Kush will help you heal from the inside out, giving you the appetite boost that you need to get in the nutrients necessary for surviving this condition, while enabling you to sleep better.
- NYC Diesel is a hybrid well-known for its medicinal properties. For hepatitis C patients suffering from constant fatigue as well as nausea, NYC Diesel should be your go-to strain. Do a wake-and-bake with this potent strain to help energize both mind and body while providing relief from symptoms of hepatitis C. NYC Diesel is also widely used to treat stress, depression, and anxiety; which are also common mental conditions that patients of chronic illnesses such as hepatitis C are vulnerable to.
- White Widow is a legendary strain that patients love for its ability to knock mental illness as well as pain. If hepatitis C is costing you your sanity while putting you in a lot of pain during treatment, you can count on White Widow to feel better. This strain will also bring on a case of the munchies, so be sure to have to healthy snacks with you at all times. White Widow delivers a creative, euphoric, and relaxing high; ideal if you enjoy artistic pursuits or hobbies while buzzed.
- Tangerine Dream is a powerful analgesic strain that comes with a delicious citrusy taste. The THC content of Tangerine Dream may go up to as much as 25% but it will also energize you and fill you with energy, making this a perfect daytime medication. Patients love Tangerine Dream’s ability to aid in concentration and focus while treating nausea, pain, stress, and fatigue. Just a little toke will go a long way since this is a powerful strain, make sure that you don’t have to operate machinery while under the blissful intoxication of Tangerine Dream while it heals you from the inside.
What are your favorite strains for hepatitis C? Share with us in the comments below!
OTHER STORIES YOU MAY ENJOY...
CANNABIS FOR HEP C TAKES OFF, READ THIS, CLICK HERE.
TOP CANNABIS STRAINS FOR DIABETES, CLICK HERE.