See More Greens By Investing In Marijuana Stocks
It’s no secret that legal marijuana is a lucrative business. Sales from medical and recreational marijuana are expected to hit $22.8 billion come 2020, according to cannabis research and investment firm The ArcView Group, so it’s no wonder everyone is clamoring to get a piece of the pot pie.
Marijuana is legal in certain states but not the federal government, which can make investment seem rather complex and risky for those who aren’t familiar with the market. However if you do your homework and ensure that you only invest what you can afford to lose, there’s a huge potential to earn loads of greens.
"Marijuana Stocks look great for the near term as expansion continues state to state. Most retail investors do not realize that this market is one that moves heavily on event driven catalysts,” says Jason Spatafora, co-founder of investment company Marijuanastocks.com and well-known marijuana stock trader. He continues, “This year we have two such catalysts. The first being California voting on going fully recreational. Considering that the medical market in California accounts for more than half of the total revenue from the Cannabis market, a yes vote means a massive increase in overall revenue. Most of the companies we track on Marijuanastocks.com are ancillary in nature and should see additional revenue to support the expansion of the industry. The second major catalyst will be if the DEA reschedules Cannabis from a class 1 category to schedule 2, 3 or removes it entirely. This will bring in investors that were once gun shy about investing in the sector as well open the door to full federal legalization.”
We think it’s a great time to invest in marijuana stocks, especially considering the budding momentum as the November elections near.
Stocks To Watch Out For
We’ve got some insider secrets on the marijuana stocks that you should be watching today:
1. Cara Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: CARA): Cara Therapeutics is a fairly new biopharmaceutical company that develops cannabis products focused on treating pain, inflammation, and pruritus.
The company’s most advanced patented compound is known as CR845, which is undergoing tests for its analgesic properties, as well as its ability to treats inflammation and pruritus.
2. Zynerba Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ZYNE): Zynderba Pharmaceuticals is a pharma company that works on developing synthetic cannabis medications that are delivered transdermally. The products of Zynerba are designed to help treat Fragile X syndrome, epilepsy, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, as well as peripheral neuropathic pain. Zynerba’s patented products include CBD Gel - ZYN002, and the THC Pro-Drug Patch ZYN001.
3. GW Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: GWPH): GW Pharmaceuticals is a leader in cannabinoid research and employs some of the world’s most prominent scientists. GWPH is listed in NASDAQ as well as AIM which is an arm of the London Stock Exchange. GWPH works with the UK Home Office to conduct medical marijuana research. The company is most famously known for developing an impressive portfolio of prescription marijuana products to treat several conditions including childhood epilepsy and pain. GW’s primary product is Sativex which has already been approved in 27 countries, and is used to treat spasticity due to multiple sclerosis.
4. Terra Tech Corp (NASDAQ: TRTC): Terra Tech Corporation is an agricultural cannabis company with a focus on developing sustainable solutions for cultivation and distribution. Terra Tech’s numerous subsidiaries are known for providing high-quality medical marijuana thanks to their state-of- the-art greenhouses. Terra Tech also developed a unique hydroponic system that yields a 30% annual harvest and saves as much as 50% in operational costs.
5. mCig Inc (NASDAQ: MCIG): mCig is a manufacturer of electronic and non-electronic cannabis paraphernalia; primarily vaporizers and electronic marijuana vaporizers and cigarettes. The Rollies brand of marijuana cigarettes are made from premium cannabis flowers mixed with kief as well as hash. Other products include quality vaporizers and mini marijuana cigarettes for smaller doses.
6. Insys Therapeutics (NASDAQ: INSYS): Insys Therapeutics is a pharmaceutical company that has pioneered the use of fast-acting sublingual spray technology in delivering medical marijuana as an oral alternative for cancer patients, known as Subsys. Insys Therapeutics is currently developing numerous other products designed to treat opiate addiction, nausea, and epilepsy in children among others.
7. Canopy Growth Corporation (NASDAQ: TWEED): Formerly known as Tweed Marijuana Inc., Canopy Growth Corporation is a medical marijuana production company and also the first multi- licensed producer in Canada. Canopy Growth Corporation has numerous brands although their primary brands are Tweed and Bedrocan. Tweed is one of the most established cannabis production brands in the country and is a leading company in Canada. Bedrocan is a pioneer in medical marijuana in Holland, and is known for refining strains customized to patients’ unique medicinal needs.
Have you invested in marijuana stock? What are your thoughts on these companies? Share with us in the comments below.
Study Shows Cannabis May Treat Side Effects Of HPV Vaccine
Investors and Banks Agree, Trump Can't Stop The Cannabis Movement
25% of Cancer Patients Now Use Cannabis