Cannabis Strains For Breast Cancer
Few other conditions rob women of their femininity and dignity like breast cancer does.
Breast cancer is a leading cause of death among women. Statistics show that 1 in every 8 American women will develop a form of invasive breast cancer in their lifetime.
Breast cancer may be early and curable, but it may also be metastatic. During its early stages, breast cancer has no symptoms. Over time, a tumor may develop and show signs of lumps in the breast or armpit; other symptoms include breast tenderness, red surfaces on the skin, discharge or secretion in the nipple, or change in contour in the breast, among others.
Conventional cancer treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation are recommended for breast cancer patients. For early stages of breast cancer, or depending on the severity and location, hormone therapy, surgery, and targeted therapy are also options. However, these treatments may have debilitating side effects.
Cannabis has given hope to thousands of women with breast cancer by preventing its spread, killing it in its tracks, helping manage the side effects of chemotherapy, and by causing cancer cell death.
These are the 10 best strains for breast cancer:
- Tangie is a powerful sativa with a delicious citrus taste. You can count on Tangie to boost your appetite and treat nausea, although it’s also just as beneficial for fatigue, depression, and anxiety. Tangie is an excellent daytime medication for women with breast cancer; it will help give you the motivation and energy that you need to get through the day.
- White Widow is one of the most famous strains in the world especially for cancer patients. Its ability to knock out pain, lack of appetite, depression, and stress is well known. White Widow is a strain that will help you manage the symptoms of chemotherapy while getting you the relaxation that you need for maximum healing.
- Jilly Bean is a famous hybrid known to lull users into a relaxed, easygoing state. If breast cancer is causing you serious emotional distress, Jilly Bean is a great strain to help relax you. Additionally, this strain is also beneficial in treating nausea while increasing appetite. Overall, Jilly Bean is a terrific daytime strain that improves mood and alertness.
- Afghan Kush is an indica whose medicinal benefits have constantly been improved over time. Hailing from the Hindu Kush mountain range, Afghan Kush is a world-class indica, and one with powerful pain-killing properties. Afghan Kush is extremely effective in treating insomnia as well as depression, stress, and lack of appetite.
- Ringo’s Gift is a high CBD strain named after Lawrence Ringo, a CBD pioneer and cannabis activist. Ringo’s Gift is always a good choice for patients suffering from any kind of disorder especially cancer because of its equal parts CBD to THC percentage. Ringo’s Gift delivers a mellow cerebral high and relaxes the body.
- Bubba Kush is a legendary indica famous for its tranquilizing properties. Bubba Kush is ideal for cancer patients suffering from severe pain and insomnia. A few whiffs of Bubba Kush will blanket the mind with a dreamy euphoria and induce a happy mood. Bubba Kush is an excellent strain for muscle spasms, pain, stress, and depression.
- Cannatonic is a celebrated hybrid known for its high CBD percentage. Many times, Cannatonic will test up to 17% CBD, ideal for breast cancer patients who need help with severe pain as well as those who don’t want to get high. In fact, Cannatonic is one of the most widely used strains for patients, including those suffering from chronic migraines, muscle spasms, anxiety, stress, and depression.
- Super Lemon Haze is highly recommended for those suffering from extreme fatigue as a side effect of chemotherapy or cancer. Super Lemon Haze has a distinct lemony flavor and aroma, although its 5-star qualities have earned it two Cannabis Cups already so far. Super Lemon Haze is a motivating and energizing strain that works well for depression, fatigue, lack of appetite, and pain.
- Northern Lights is a critically-acclaimed strain, and has continued to gain popularity over the past few decades. Northern Lights is appreciated by cancer patients for its ability to numb the body while delivering a potent sense of relaxation. You can count on Northern Lights for powerful evening medication, especially if pain and stress are preventing you from getting a good night’s sleep.
- Harlequin is a highly-prized cannabis strain because of its excellent genetics, equal CBD:THC ratios, and the absence of a strong high. Harlequin is loved by cancer patients because it delivers a mellow and relaxing hit that doesn’t get you too high. It does a wonderful job at fighting depression and pain, as well as insomnia, fatigue, and stress.