Top 5 Cannabis Strains for Stress
Stress affects everyone in different ways. For some, chronic stress can be so debilitating and exhausting. Stress can take a toll on you mentally, emotionally, and physically, but cannabis is here to help.
Toking up after a long, stressful day is the healthiest and most effective way to take care of your stress. Whether you prefer to light up a bong or microdose, you can enjoy the therapeutic benefits of all the cannabinoids to combat stress. However, THC has been shown to be the most powerful cannabinoid in managing stress. In fact, stress is one of the most common reasons why people use cannabis so frequently.
If you’re looking to start medicating with cannabis to help with stress, these are the top 5 best strains for that:
- Northern Lights is a legendary Indica strain valued for its medicinal properties. The THC is felt throughout the body with Northern Lights, as it relaxes every muscle and helps calm the mind while settling you into a dreamy euphoric state. Northern Lights delivers a laziness that is so comforting, making it ideal for evening medication right before bed especially if your stress is so severe that it gives you a hard time sleeping. The effects of this strain are heavily felt in the body, but it’s effective for stress because it calms down even your mind. It’s pretty powerful so all you need is a few hits and you’re ready to go. Northern Lights is also excellent for those suffering from depression, lack of appetite, and chronic pain.
- AK-47 might sound like an intense name but this strain will make you feel mellow and relaxed. This hybrid is sativa-dominant, and is loved by patients for its long-lasting, steady mind high. AK-47 is ideal for medicating even during the day because it can help keep you focused and mentally alert, so if you’re having a tough day at work you can sneak out, smoke some, and come back reenergized. AK-47 is a unique strain thanks to its heritage of 47 different parent strains including Mexican, Colombian, Afghani, and Thai varieties. Because of this, patients love its complex effects and flavors.
- Trainwreck will leave you feeling anything but. This deliciously strong sativa delivers its high in your brain, making you more creative, alert, and happy; if you enjoy artistic pursuits as a means of dealing with stress, Trainwreck will make the experience much more enjoyable. This strain is known for its high THC content, making it a one-hit wonder when it comes to knocking stress right out of the park. Trainwreck is also a popular choice for treating depression, insomnia, headaches, and pain.
- Super Sour Diesel is famous for its potent stress-relieving properties. Patients who medicate with Super Sour Diesel also enjoy engaging in creative and artistic projects so if you find that working with arts, crafts, or listening to music helps you unwind, this is the best strain to help you make it even more enjoyable. Super Sour Diesel is loved for its powerful cerebral high, so first-time patients may find it a little overwhelming – the only cure to this is to microdose and take a few hits at a time to enjoy the therapeutic benefits of this amazing strain.
- Girl Scout Cookies is a famous Californian strain whose legendary effects are now well-known worldwide. In fact, Girl Scout Cookies has already won several Cannabis Cup awards so you can be sure that this is always going to be a reliable, consistent top-quality strain for both medical and recreational use. Girl Scout Cookies is also known for its potent, high THC content so medicate moderately with this strain unless you’re already used to powerful strains. Its potency makes this strain ideal for patients who are looking for quick and strong relief for stress as well as those suffering from appetite loss, depression, pain, and nausea.
What are your favorite strains to medicate with for stress? Share with us in the comments below!