Top Cannabis Strains for Inflammation
Using cannabis to prevent and treat inflammation is an effective, natural way to avoid chronic disease. Combined with a lifestyle of healthy eating and exercise, cannabis can help fight inflammation and chronic pain.
Inflammation anywhere in the body can lead to serious illnesses, including celiac disease, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, gout, cancer, asthma, thyroid issues, and many more. In fact, inflammation could be occurring in one of your organs right now but in many cases the symptoms of this condition won’t manifest itself for several years when the disease has progressed.
Cannabis is beneficial in treating inflammation as well as the pain that accompanies it. The two primary cannabinoids in cannabis, both THC and CBD, have potent anti-inflammatory properties. The other cannabinoids found in the plant have also been linked to a reduction in inflammation.
If you want to prevent or treat inflammation, these are the top strains you should be using:
- Cannatonic is an exceptional strain for its medicinal properties, and is grown specifically for its high CBD levels. Cannatonic is widely used by patients to treat and prevent inflammation as well as pain, seizures, and epilepsy. This strain is ideal for patients suffering from all levels of physical pain as well as anxiety and various mood disorders. In some cases, Cannatonic strains possess as much as 17% CBD so anyone who needs fast-acting relief from pain will feel better immediately. The only downside to using Cannatonic is that it’s known to provide short-lived effects so you may need to medicate several times throughout the day if you have chronic pain. This strain may not be suitable for children’s use due to its high THC content, although adult patients should be able to handle this just fine.
- Charlotte’s Web is famous in the global medical cannabis community for its efficacy in treating seizures and epilepsy, but it’s also widely used for inflammation. Charlotte’s Web has less than .3% THC which makes it ideal for medicating adults and teens who suffer from related conditions. This strain was bred for its high CBD and low THC content to treat a young epileptic girl named Charlotte. Using this strain delivers potent relief from inflammation-related conditions with little to no psychoactive properties so it’s highly recommended for patients who want to medicate without getting high. Charlotte’s Web is safe enough for day time use, even if you still have to go to an office and be productive.
- Harlequin is a great sativa strain with useful medicinal properties thanks to its CBD content. Harlequin is ideal for patients who prefer daytime medication but still need to be clear-headed to accomplish tasks and do errands. Harlequin is the preferred strain of choice for many who need to treat pain throughout the body because of inflammation, especially in cases of gout, arthritis, and carpal tunnel syndrome. One of the best properties of this strain is it has the ability to relax users without overly sedating them.
- NYC Diesel is a fantastic hybrid for inflammatory conditions. Since NYC Diesel is a sativa-dominant plant, patients can expect strong cerebral effects when medicating, which will eventually lead to relaxation of the entire body, making it ideal those suffering from pain. It’s no surprise that NYC Diesel has been the recipient of several Cannabis Cup Awards; this strain is a clear winner for patients who wish to treat pain while still being functional enough for attending social events. Another great aspect of this strain is that it’s recommended for users who are prone to paranoia since it won’t give you any anxiety at all.
- Mother of Berries, also known as MOB, is a wonderful indica-leaning hybrid ideal for pain patients who prefer medicating at night. The MOB is known to deliver a quick body high simultaneously with an uplifting cerebral buzz, perfect for use after a long day of work. Patients love MOB for its ability to relax both the mind and the body. Even though MOB is considered a strong indica for seasoned users, the effects are not too overwhelming making it ideal for use even for novice cannabis users. If you find that the pain from inflammation keeps you from having quality sleep, this is the strain to use.
What are your favorite strains for inflammation?
OTHER STORIES YOU MAY ENJOY...
CANNABIS FOR INFLAMMATION IN THE BODY, CLICK HERE.
TURMERIC CBD ANTI INFLAMMATORY, CLICK HERE.