Top Highest-Yielding Cannabis Strains
Specific cannabis strains can produce a significantly higher yield than others. Whether you are growing cannabis at home for recreational or medicinal purposes, you may want to consider growing these strains to get the most out of your plant.
We’ve compiled a list of strains that deliver the highest yields, even if you’re an inexperienced grower provided that you’re willing to invest in giving these plants the TLC to grow to monster levels so that you don’t sacrifice potency or flavor.
- Blueberry is a legendary strain known for its potent THC content. Cultivators around the world love growing Blueberry because it’s so versatile both medically and recreationally, but more importantly it can yield harvests of epic proportions when done well. It’s also one of the most affordable cannabis seeds you can buy. So if you’re looking for quality, potency, affordability, AND a giant yield, check out Blueberry. Keep in mind though that Blueberry grows best outdoors and it might need some organic fertilizer to ensure that it grows as tall and as happy as possible. Once harvested, Blueberry can give you an average of 18 ounces per square meter.
- Northern Lights is a fast-growing indica that generates high yields. Although it doesn’t grow tall, it can give you generous yields once fully matured. In the right conditions, Northern Lights can yield up to 22 ounces for every 6 to 8-foot plant, which is pretty solid. Many cultivators prefer Northern Lights because it can easily grow in mass proportions, plus it’s super potent. Northern Lights will give the highest yield when grown outdoors.
- AK-47 is easy to grow, has a short-flowering time, and will yield plentiful harvests. Some growers say that today’s AK-47 varieties aren’t as potent as those of years before, but if you buy top-quality seeds you should have no problem with potency and flavor. If you’re lucky, you’ll get an AK-47 plant with THC levels of epic proportions! AK-47 produces an average yield of 14 ounces for each plant, and grows best indoors just make sure to hide it from your neighbors because it’s notorious for its strong smell.
- Skunk No. 1 is one of the world’s original hybrids, made back in the 1970’s. Yes it might smell of “skunk”, but this strain is valuable medicinally and is also a top choice for recreational users. Skunk seeds will yield around 18 ounces in each square meter of fresh bud when grown outdoors, although it will depend on the variety of skunk that you grow. Regardless, Skunk No. 1 is a world-class strain with world-class yield. Seeds for this strain are also easy to find and you’re almost always guaranteed a solid yield.
- Sour Diesel is another celebrated sativa strain for yielding large amounts and its valuable medicinal properties. Despite a long flowering period of 68 days, growing a Sour Diesel plant well can reward you with up to 25 ounces upon harvest when grown outdoors, which means you’ll have enough to last you months!
- Super Silver Haze is well loved among experienced smokers, and a favorite of home growers too. This strain grows pretty tall and will give you a high yield; its buds are notorious for being so sticky but users love it for its strong high and the cerebral clarity it delivers. Silver Haze grows best indoors. When Super Silver Haze is grown outdoors, it can result in a yield of around 15 ounces per plant.
- Amnesia Haze is an excellent versatile plant for its uses and loved for its high potency, but also for its high yield. Amnesia Haze is also generally easy to grow even if you’re a beginner. This strain will give you the highest yield when grown outdoors in the perfect environment that it requires. When grown well, Amnesia Haze can yield up to 25 ounces per plant.
- White Rhino is a well-loved indica and also one that can certainly outperform many in terms of its yield. Seeds of this strain are generally easy to find, and will yield generous harvests both indoors and outdoors. When grown indoors, you can expect White Rhino to result in a yield of 32 ounces per square meter, while in the outdoors, since it prefers a damp environment, can give you as much as 42 ounces per plant.
What are your favorite high-yielding strains?