8 Essential Kitchen Tools For Making High Quality Homemade Edibles
Making awesome edibles at home is so much easier today, thanks to technological advancements made specifically for stoners who enjoy making their own infusions.
In the past, making edibles was largely a game of trial-and-error. Today, there are so many amazing products on the market that can help you make perfectly dosed edibles whether you are making them for recreational or medicinal purposes. Say goodbye to incorrect measurements, terrible tasting but potent food, and miscalculations – check out these products for making that perfect edible:
- Good quality digital scale: You can forego the scale and still make kick ass edibles, although that’s rather careless. A high quality digital scale equipped with varying weight increments will help you make consistently-dosed edibles and infusions. Look for scales that are built with a spacious platform for weighing, and one that is easy to clean.
- tCheck oil potency tester: This nifty little device takes away the guessing game when making edibles and infusions. Just add 2 drops of an infused liquid into the tCheck’s tray, then press on Go. In under a minute, the device will accurately give you a lab-quality reading of how much cannabinoids it contains. tCheck is extremely easy to use and clean, and you don’t have to worry about purchasing any replacement parts.
- Coffee grinder: Top herbal chefs know that the secret to making excellent edibles is in the grinder. You can use your old-school grinders, but a coffee grinder is more efficient plus they’re cheap and easy to use. Coffee grinders require minimal effort in getting your pot ground up perfectly in under a minute – they’re the lazy chef’s best friend! Choose a good quality coffee grinder specifically for the purpose of grinding weed. You can also use an old coffee grinder that you have lying around your house, but make sure that you clean it well beforehand.
- MagicalButter Machine: When it comes to making infusions, you can’t go wrong with the MagicalButter Machine. Made specifically for infusing oils, butters, and other carriers with cannabis, this machine can handle bud, trim, and shake. In just 8 hours, the machine will give you high potency cannabis oil or butter. Another unique feature of the MagicalButter Machine is that it reduces the smell that comes with cooking cannabis edibles since the device is closed off during the infusion process, allowing you to have peace of mind that your neighbors have no clue what you’re doing in your kitchen.
- The LEVO Oil Infuser: Another excellent product that edibles chefs will find super useful is the LEVO Oil Infuser. It lets you infuse oils and butters with various herbs, especially your favorite medicinal herb. The LEVO Oil Infuser is equipped with handy temperature and time controls, plus cleaning up is no longer a headache since all you have to do is toss the reservoir into your dishwasher!
- Taylor Precision Products Digital Cooking Thermometer/Timer: Cooking cannabis and butter together requires you to be careful especially with the temperature, because you should never allow it to go beyond 240 for a long period of time. No more guessing with a precision thermometer such as this one from Taylor, which is exactly what you need when making cannabutter. It was originally developed to be a candy thermometer, which means that you can expect precision and accuracy with this tool. It’s inexpensive, and you only need to use 2 AAA batteries to make it work.
- Nova Decarboxylator: Gone are the days when you had to manually decarboxylate cannabis, wasting precious buds in the process – not to mention all the THC that disappears using traditional methods such as the oven. Nova’s Decarboxylator is a godsend for preserving therapeutic cannabinoids and terpenes, as well as THC. It can hold up to 1 ounce of flower for hassle-free decarboxylating in the comforts of your own home.
- Magical Butter Silicone Mold Tray: Choosing the right container for your butter while waiting for it to solidify is crucial to the quality and durability of the final product. Although cracked or indented butter isn’t a big deal, working with a smooth stick of butter makes a huge difference in the cooking process. The guys over at Magical Butter have thought of everything – including these high quality silicone molds to help you make perfectly shaped cannabutter, each time.
What are your favorite things to use when cooking with cannabis? Share with us in the comments below!
OTHER STORIES YOU MAY ENJOY....
TIPS FOR MAKING EDIBLES, CLICK HERE.
OMG, I JUST HAD EDIBLES FOR THE FIRST TIME, CLICK HERE.